Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

And so it's another year. I have no idea how or why but something told me to pick up my cyber pen. Alike everyone, I am going to thank 2013 for its riches and poors.

2013 was a year of change for me. Apart from landing a job to financially self supporting myself, I learnt a great deal about myself. Mentally I gave myself the liberty to believe and for once, I let my heart do the talking. Looking back, 2013 was really just two days away but I am grateful for getting on the rollercoaster. Although I came out looking like a mess, but deep down, I truly feel like a champion.

I think my biggest hurdle was finally coming to terms with the way I felt about things, people mostly. I revisited this a couple of times.  Somewhere you will meet someone who you will grow to love. You will undoubtedly be drawn to this person, much like a moth to a flame. And with that, you will learn more about yourself. You will discover sights and sounds, see the brightest sunsets and hear all that is foreign. You will wake up from a long familiar slumber, putting a stop to the same dream you've been dreaming all this time. With this person, time will not matter. Nights will turn days, their presence burns like that one good warm day you find in winter, and your heart will rattle vigorously in a tin can awaiting to pop in delight. The feeling of instant happiness will seem like an adventure into the new. But when the last track of summer ends, so does this minisode of wanderlust, friendship and love. You will see the sun at its worst and experience the coldest and loneliest nights.

You will miss this person, I assure you. But God is fair. I believe he sends you angels once in a while to tell you how special you are, how beautiful you are. Maybe just maybe, he is doing this because you got lost trekking somewhere along the way. These angels are not meant to stay but they will leave an impression, one that you can't help but smile when the thought of them crosses your mind. Personally for me, I'm glad I grew with this experience. In my pockets, I hold the love and companionship with someone who has always meant the world's mountains to me and through this phase of life called adolescence, we have emerged a older, a little wiser but together as adults, or so society claims us to be. Looking to my right, I love the face I see. I love what age has done to that smile, what time has done to us.

So this year I am looking towards venturing into something new in hopes of it prospering. My goal is to not worry about my account balance and possibly to look after my folks. Looking at you, I raise my half-done mocktail and at the top of my lungs I yell, 'Happy New Year!!' over the beaming lights and ground shifting music before I lean over to squeeze you with every ounce of luck I have embedding it into the small of your back.

x

No comments: